Thursday, April 2, 2009

WELCOME

The challenge of exploring a new area and then deciding to
live there on a permanent basis (or until the feet get the “itch”to move on) is what brings excitement, joy, and unexpected surprises to our life. Becoming a part of the local community is very rewarding whether it is volunteering at the local English language library, teaching English tolocal school children, or participating in local fund-raising events. My interest in ethnic cultures and their arts and crafts have been a very large influence in our choice of lifestyle. My personal nature is that of a helpful, supportive, and sharing “mother” to those who wish to know more about “what, where, and how.” I find sharing my experiences with others very rewarding and in this regard I am very much a “mother” to those I meet who want to learn about my experiences, my insights, and suggestions for living “La Vida Buena” or “The Good Life.” Each of my blog’s will describe different aspects of life indifferent countries and locations including, but not limited to
Mexico, Guatemala, and Argentina. In as much as we are currently living in Oaxaca, Mexico my initial blog will focus on this amazing area of Mexico. I look forward to sharing our experiences through my blog, photographs, and recommended links and I hope to hear from you with your comments or questions. Gracias! Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment